*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Another LHBS Rant

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2007, 01:37 AM   #31
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 33 Posts

Dan - If you haven't before, give austinhomebrew a shot next time. Their prices aren't bad, shipping is a flat $6, and their stuff comes packaged well. You would just probably want to order earlier in the week to get things in time to brew on the weekend, but I bet it'll get there faster than you'd expect. If you've got any questions, give them a call. The guys I've spoken with there know their stuff. No reason to put up with that crap like you did last time!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #32
Willsellout

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Sparky
Dan - If you haven't before, give austinhomebrew a shot next time. Their prices aren't bad, shipping is a flat $6, and their stuff comes packaged well. You would just probably want to order earlier in the week to get things in time to brew on the weekend, but I bet it'll get there faster than you'd expect. If you've got any questions, give them a call. The guys I've spoken with there know their stuff. No reason to put up with that crap like you did last time!
AHB normally gets all of my business, but they were taking a long time shipping my order (compared to their previous ship times), which was why I ordered a kit from a closer retailer. I had planned to brew that weekend and wasn't going to be let down.
I guess AHB was training some new people and were swamped with orders so it took 4 days from my initial order to ship it, when normally it takes them one day. I made my order based on their previous shipping times and kind of got stuck in a hard place. But they almost always get my business, just based on their customer service and their kits can't be beat. I've also found that their crush on the grain is consistent and well done. I will be placing orders earlier from now on, just in case.

Dan
Secondary One-Empty
Secondary Two-Empty

On Tap: Hobgoblin, Coffee Stout
Bottled: Arrogant Bastard clone, Summit IPA, Apfelwein

Old 03-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #33
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 33 Posts

Actually, I noticed the same thing on my order last week. I ordered on Wed morning, but it didn't ship out until Fri afternoon, arriving Mon. Whereas, I had ordered in the afternoon before and it shipped that day. I think I'll just order earlier from now on, too.

Quick Reply