Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > American Peach Pale Ale...Three pounds of peaches?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
BVilleggiante
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default American Peach Pale Ale...Three pounds of peaches?

I'm going to be adding some peaches to an American Pale Ale I made. Adding them to the secondary for three days only. I just want a light hint of peach and was going to try using 3 pounds for a 5 gallon batch. Any thoughts on that?

Follow my Nano Brewery on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BrickCowBrewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
Calichusetts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 286 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 765

Peaches are very dissapointing in beer, and quite frankly and also a little strange, not that peach like. Try apricots for a peach flavor or use peach extract...hope this helps

Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
BobbyAAlexander
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I added 2.5lb at flame out to a Newcastle clone hoping to give it a slight peach flavor. I was disappointed. I feel like it only made the beer sweeter and did not add much flavor or aroma. Maybe adding more might help?

A brewery here is Spartanburg, SC makes a Peach Wheat called Son of a Peach, which is what gave me the inspiration. I do know they use fresh local peaches but not how much or when they are added. But their beer have a strong peach flavor.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
BVilleggiante
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

If I use peaches I may try adding them during cold crashing. I've read a lot that the flavor can come out sour due to the sugars from the peaches being used in the fermentation. If added at cold crash my thought is those sugars/sweetness will remain. Thoughts?

Follow my Nano Brewery on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BrickCowBrewing

Quick Reply