HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - Enter Now

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Altbier Grain Bill Calculation Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
DawgBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Altbier Grain Bill Calculation Question

Does anyone know of a good/free online homebrewing calculator that I can plug in the percentage of each grain in my bill to calculate for a 5 or 6 gallon batch?

I'm trying to use Kaiser's Altbier recipe for a 5 or 6 gallon batch with a boil volume of 7.9 gal to finish with 6 gallons. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
BrewinHooligan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1220 Times on 788 Posts
Likes Given: 1576

Hopville.com's BeerCalculus is free and pretty decent IMO. Beersmith has a free 30day trial you can use as well.

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Old 10-10-2014, 12:43 AM   #3
BigBlock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

You can give mine a try if you like, its what i use for my recipes.. Please shoot me some feedback if you want to see additional functionality or comment on likes/dislikes.

Www.neilrobertsbrewery.com

Youll want to go to the "recipe builder" page.

Its a bit simpler than some (no water calcs since my water quality yeilds good efficiency and great beer so I don't bother) but has everthing I use for brewing.

Reason: fixed spelling

Quick Reply