The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > All Grain in a tiny kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
Sumo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default All Grain in a tiny kitchen

Hello,

A lot of brewers that I know do a lot of extract brewing. The main reason for not switching to all grain is the lack of access to a yard or backyard burner. I currently brew 8 gallon boils on the stove top. Here is a few pics of my setup. I forgot to snap a pic of the sparge.

I basicly use a 7 gallon aluminum pot to catch the run off. I use the 4 gallon pot to catch the over flow. The main pot on the stove is a eurotank from austin home brew supply. Fit's nice one two burners, and gets a great boil going. I use that as a HLT till the mashing is done. I sparge with the cooler on the counter top.

I pour the wort into the Euro tank for the boil. I use the march pump to help move the liquid around and for chilling. Once I am done. I clean up and all equipment fits in the euro tank and mashtun for easy storage.

Nothing fancy, easy peasy.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Albert DiGeso's Photos | Facebook
Login | Facebook
Login | Facebook

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
wilserbrewer
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 379 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Nice set up! You have really maxed out your accomodations and have done a nice job. Nice kettle and CFC also. And a March pump to boot! Just goes to show you don't need five acres to do all-grain.

Expert tailor and supplier of custom sized, top quality BIAB bags, hop bags and ratchet pulleys at reasonable pricing

http://biabbags.webs.com/

CORONA MILL BUCKET SYSTEM V. 2.0

Old 08-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
Sumo
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thats correct. I get a nice boil out of that pot. I have a cheap stove too, the burners are really small.

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Old 08-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Matt Up North
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I would kill myself if I did my brewing inside. I am far too messy. Where do you grind your grain? You have really organized your process, looks great.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
Sumo
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I use a Barley Crusher with a 7.5lb hopper. I scored it for 60 bucks used. I grind into my old bottling bucket. I bought 350lbs of grain and 5 lbs of hops on my clubs bulk grain buy. I keep it all in a small closet. I honestly don't know if there is a difference in terms of efficiency (nor do I care), but I prefer to grind just as I mash. Something about the smell of fresh cracked grains hitting the water in the mashtun. I love that smell.

You know its funny you say your messy when you brew. I used to be. I weigh over 400lbs. So take that space and put me in it with the equipment. After a few serious clean up jobs and the wife flipping out I learned to contain it. Now she doesn't care that I brew. She knows I don't make a mess and she gets to order take out instead of cooking.

Quick Reply