Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > All Grain Apple Wheat -NEED HELP!- Adding apples to secondary fermenter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
rwing7486
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default All Grain Apple Wheat -NEED HELP!- Adding apples to secondary fermenter

Hey All,

So i was originally planning on doing an all chery wheat with my 10 gallons of wheat beer that is in the primary right now. But i decided that in one secodary i will add cherry puree and the other I want to make my own apple puree. I already know how to prepare the apples by pasturezing and puree them, but the question is how many apples should I use? What kind of apples? This will be done in a 6 gallon carboy. Has anyone tried adding apples before? any help would be greatyl apreciated!!!! Thanks!

Rob

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Gryphn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I've done strawberries and raspberries before in the secondary. I highly suggest Just Apples from the Just Tomatoes, Etc. Company. The drying process they use for the fruit leaves less possibility of contamination. Also remember that the fruit has fructose in it, so you may get a bit of additional fermentation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply