The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > All Grain from Amazon.com... seems really nice... oddly CHEAP

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #21
The Pol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts

If you email him over at Brewmasters Warehouse... I think he has special bulk pricing. It is not on the site though.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #22
BrewinJack
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

well i decided to go with midwest because of a gift card, and amazon did not have the base grain or hops i required for my next brew... still looks good though... but will likely try Amazon.com in the future...

Cheers

"I wish i could give all my genrals a bottle of what he's drinking..." Honest Abe

"On the 8th day God created Bars"

Primary:
Ginger mead (3 Gal)
Edworts Apfelwine (5Gal)
Australian Lager (5gal)

Secondary:
Operation "Black Gold" (High ABV) (5 Gal)

Bottled:
Carmel Stout
Stright Juice Cider
Apple/Blue berry/ale

Old 01-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #23
Jonnio

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakalmon View Post
I also placed a large order with morebeer this week. BrewmastersWarehouse just looked to high for bulk base grain when buying by the pound.
yeah, he doesn't have his bulk discount prices up yet, you have to call about buying by the sack (so I am told, I have never done it)

------------------------------------------------
Official member of HBAMAP (Home Brewers Against Murder and Pedophilia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...

Old 01-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #24
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts

I just played with Amazon... but here is the problem I have with many brewing stores. I cannot one stop shop. Amazon is no different. They dont have 2-row? Lack many types of hops and yeast as well. Morebeer and Midwest are still the best for my location for price and inventory.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:31 AM   #25
thataintchicken
The good ideas will survive.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1259 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 6

is this actually Amazon.. or a drop ship partner?
That is my question.

Ginger, how long should I boil these crab legs for? I want them to fall off the bone just like Texas pork ribs. - Ace Club

I'm a meat hunter. - AZ_IPA

Their new commercial sounds lime the crazy fiat music.- Zuljin

Old 01-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #26
BrianP

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Definitely a drop ship partner. The specialty grain prices are low. I wonder if they're really old or something.

Cheers,

BP

-------------------------------
Fermenter 1: Best bitter (1)
Fermenter 2: Best bitter (2)
Fermenter 3: APA
Fermenter 4: APA

Old 01-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #27
lamarguy
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol
but here is the problem I have with many brewing stores. I cannot one stop shop.
Ya, the only deal is the specialty grains. The hops are limited and I didn't look for yeast...

I mainly browsed the 28 Briess products. Looks many of them are out of stock now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
Definitely a drop ship partner. The specialty grain prices are low. I wonder if they're really old or something.
Scroll up and read my earlier post. I just received 20# of grain and it has a fresh taste and smell. It's 100% Briess brand malt.

And no, it's not a drop ship partner. Did you even spend 5 minutes looking at the site? If it says "free super saver shipping", it's shipped by Amazon.

Planned: Lambic, American IPA
Fermenting: 6 gals of 1.090 stout (Belgian) & 6 gals of 1.090 stout (English)
Tapped: Berliner Weisse, Black English IPA, German Pils, & Live Oak Primus

Old 01-09-2009, 03:11 AM   #28
BrewinJack
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
I just played with Amazon... but here is the problem I have with many brewing stores. I cannot one stop shop. Amazon is no different. They dont have 2-row? Lack many types of hops and yeast as well. Morebeer and Midwest are still the best for my location for price and inventory.
I know i thought that was a shock, no 2-row. That is one of the most common base grains and there hops are not labled or eleborated on in any way, just country of origin and style... My recent brew is an australian lager, and i needed 8 pounds of 2-row and no luck... went to midwest brew and found decent prices on the grains, hops, yeast, and any acessories i needed... also midwest milled the grain for me for free, it saves me a half hour with a rolling pin. i also had a gift card for 15$ given by a friend for christmas, it helped take care of shipping atleast.

Cheers

"I wish i could give all my genrals a bottle of what he's drinking..." Honest Abe

"On the 8th day God created Bars"

Primary:
Ginger mead (3 Gal)
Edworts Apfelwine (5Gal)
Australian Lager (5gal)

Secondary:
Operation "Black Gold" (High ABV) (5 Gal)

Bottled:
Carmel Stout
Stright Juice Cider
Apple/Blue berry/ale

Old 01-09-2009, 03:11 AM   #29
AdIn

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamarguy View Post

And no, it's not a drop ship partner. Did you even spend 5 minutes looking at the site? If it says "free super saver shipping", it's shipped by Amazon.
I think Amazon can ship "on behalf" of drop ship partner, but it does look like Amazon's item. I'm stumped.

Non-alcoholic beer is a first step to a rubber woman

Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 AM   #30
dontman
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
That's what I commented on when I explored this. They actually do have a 2 row supplier. $7.95 / 10 lbs Slight problem is that it is not prime or super saver and it costs $11.99 to ship!!!!!!!! $2/lb for 2 row delivered. Done in a sleazy way too. I hate that.
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Quick Reply