AG without propane/burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of you brewing 5 gal. inside: are you using valves to transfer water and wort OR are you liftiing and pouring. I am trying to decide what to buy. If I can kep it cheap then all the better. Thanks Charlie

balto charlie said:
Those of you brewing 5 gal. inside: are you using valves to transfer water and wort OR are you liftiing and pouring. I am trying to decide what to buy. If I can kep it cheap then all the better. Thanks Charlie

Das autosiphon!

Here is the tiny kitchen I do AG in. No more excuses! :D

kitchen.jpg

Soulive said:
Here is the tiny kitchen I do AG in. No more excuses! :D

kitchen.jpg

Dude, that's hilarious. I'm pretty sure we have the same stove.

jzal8 said:
Dude, that's hilarious. I'm pretty sure we have the same stove.

Mine is a Kenmore. Its the only original item in my kitchen. I'm telling you, now that I know I can so single batches inside, I'll be brewing twice as much...:D

Mine is a Magic Chef, but from the looks of it I wouldnt be suprised if that was a subsiderary of Kenmore or a parent company because they are identical.

Does each range on the stove top give off the same strength flame? Mine does.

This weekend I am brewing a Pale Ale and am going to attempt a 4.1 gallon boil with my current Pot. If that works out then I'm gonna pony up and purchase that 32 qt pot I saw online with 3 inches more in diameter.

Did you ever figure out the diameter of your new pot?

jzal8 said:
Mine is a Magic Chef, but from the looks of it I wouldnt be suprised if that was a subsiderary of Kenmore or a parent company because they are identical.

Does each range on the stove top give off the same strength flame? Mine does.

This weekend I am brewing a Pale Ale and am going to attempt a 4.1 gallon boil with my current Pot. If that works out then I'm gonna pony up and purchase that 32 qt pot I saw online with 3 inches more in diameter.

Did you ever figure out the diameter of your new pot?

I don't know about the strength of the flames, but the front right burner (that the pots on in the pic) is bigger than the others. I keep forgetting to measure the diameter but its probably 12-15" wide...

Soulive said:
I don't know about the strength of the flames, but the front right burner (that the pots on in the pic) is bigger than the others. I keep forgetting to measure the diameter but its probably 12-15" wide...

Just looked when I got home, and my front right burner is marked "High Speed". Same size as the others but I guess stronger than the others. Interesting I never noticed that. I've always brewed on the front left burner.

Edit: Looks like this is going to be a done deal for me. This sunday when I brew my Pale Ale, It will be a 4 and a quarter gallon boil and it will be on the front right burner. Consider that 32 qt pot purchased, and get ready for a grain mill purchase in 2 weeks. Boooyah!

I tested my burner. Neighbor lent me his crab pot, 5 gallons. I could bring it to a boil in less than 1 hour. Since I had some hot water I decided to do a PM. even used his pot. I tried to make a Dogfish Indian Brown Ale clone. The pot was really wide, probably too wide. The pot I'm thinking about getting is 13.5" wide. I think this will fit on the burner nicely. Also gotta go to the scrap yard for some copper and put a different bottom in my mash tun.
jzal8: was it a success?
charlie

Back