Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > after a long winter - it's time to brew again!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 03:22 AM   #1
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6126 Times on 5338 Posts
Likes Given: 737

Default after a long winter - it's time to brew again!

The temps are soaring and should be in the upper 60s tomorrow! I need to brew!

I've had a long couple months of only making wines and meads which won't be ready to drink until the fall

Anyone else ready for spring? I saw a robin today, the snow is gone from the yard, the hoses are thawed out -- tomorrow I shall brew!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2009, 03:27 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2731 Times on 1638 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Spring??? What is this thing you speak of??? it snowed again today and it is 14 degrees out here in Michigan...

So whatcha gonna brew?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-01-2009, 03:33 AM   #3
Deuce
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If only I had to worry about warming up my fermenters!!!
Yesterday and today we had to kick on the A/C.
P.S. Revvy, Someone told me about you sticking a T-shirt over your carboys, and setting the whole thing in a tube of cool water? I am thinking of doing the same thing with frozen 2-liter bottles, alternating them thoughout the day. If you could shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:36 AM   #4
Irish1225
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

OP - the winters in AZ sound terrible...i'm sorry

Old 03-01-2009, 03:38 AM   #5
AZ_IPA
PKU

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish1225 View Post
OP - the winters in AZ sound terrible...i'm sorry
You gotta remember that I'm in the high country in Arizona - 7,000 feet. Believe it or not, we get cold here in AZ too well, at least parts of AZ

Old 03-01-2009, 03:41 AM   #6
AZ_IPA
PKU

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Spring??? What is this thing you speak of??? it snowed again today and it is 14 degrees out here in Michigan...

So whatcha gonna brew?
Revvy, I'm sure we'll get another big blast - we usually do in March, but I'm gonna take advantage of the weather.

I'm brewing what I call "Hoppy Amber Madness" (HAM) - I bought the ingredients awhile ago, but haven't got around to brewing:

9lbs 2-row
1 lb victory
1 lb crystal 40L
2 oz chocolate

1 oz. Chinook @ 60
0.5 oz. Cascade @ 20
0.5 oz. Cascade @ 5

Old 03-01-2009, 03:44 AM   #7
Irish1225
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
Revvy, I'm sure we'll get another big blast - we usually do in March, but I'm gonna take advantage of the weather.

I'm brewing what I call "Hoppy Amber Madness" (HAM) -
i love Hamm's!

Old 03-01-2009, 03:54 AM   #8
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2731 Times on 1638 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runyank View Post
If only I had to worry about warming up my fermenters!!!
Yesterday and today we had to kick on the A/C.
P.S. Revvy, Someone told me about you sticking a T-shirt over your carboys, and setting the whole thing in a tube of cool water? I am thinking of doing the same thing with frozen 2-liter bottles, alternating them thoughout the day. If you could shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Search on here "swamp Coolers" or prolly any thread about temp control...we discussed it a heck of a lot last summer...But it's not a big deal...you got the idea...and a fan will lower the temp even further...I have actually got my primaries down to about 58 in August in my loft (which has westerly windows, and I have come home with the air off to find it 90 in there.)

Basically you get a big container, t-shirts and frozen bottles...and a fan too if you are inclined...the t-shirts act as wicks...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #9
JoeMama
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
You gotta remember that I'm in the high country in Arizona - 7,000 feet. Believe it or not, we get cold here in AZ too well, at least parts of AZ
Yes, that makes me LOL about AZ. I was born and raised in Tucson, and lived there 22 years. During that time I saw snow TWICE.

Go up to Pinetop and you see snow every damn winter. (Oh yeah, and little to NO cacti!)
-Me

Ergo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I am.

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:15 AM   #10
Deuce
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Search on here "swamp Coolers" or prolly any thread about temp control...we discussed it a heck of a lot last summer...But it's not a big deal...you got the idea...and a fan will lower the temp even further...I have actually got my primaries down to about 58 in August in my loft (which has westerly windows, and I have come home with the air off to find it 90 in there.)

Basically you get a big container, t-shirts and frozen bottles...and a fan too if you are inclined...the t-shirts act as wicks...

Now I dont feel so bad about letting my house get up to the 80's!
BTW... was that a 2.5g batch you had going in that tub as well? Based upon the amount of bottles you had, I might need to add more.

Quick Reply