So I'm doing a brew-in-a-bag version of the (my first all-grain).
The extract kit was my first brew ever, so I thought doing it for my first all-grain, would be...um... symetrical.
Anyhow, I'm going to hop the hell out of this one with Amarillo and Sorachi Ace:
Here's what I think I'm going to do, any thoughts? Too much? I'm a little scared of the Sorachi Ace...
- 3 oz Hersbrucker pellets @ 60 mins
- .5 oz Sorachi Ace leaves @ 20 mins
- .5 oz Amarillo pellets @ 20 mins
- .25 oz Sorachi Ace leaves @ 10 mins
- .5 oz Amarillo pellets @ 10 mins
- .5 oz Sorachi Ace leaves @ 5 mins
- .5 oz Amarillo leaves @ 5 mins
- .5 oz Amarillo leaves at flame out
- Dry hop for 7 days during week 2 in the primary w. 1 oz Amarillo leaves, .5 oz Sorachi Ace leaves
If my math is right, that would leave me with .25oz of Sorachi Ace & 1 oz of Amarillo pellets left over (oops).