... for the first time ever.
A few weeks back I brewed an AG German Wheat and mashed way too high. I was targeting 153-154, but because I was distracted with several other things I didn't notice that the temp was actually around 163-164. Normally I check, stir and recheck a couple times to ensure the temp hasn't crept, but in this case, I mashed-in and left for an hour. When I returned I saw the temp was 162 (I lose about 1-2 degrees an hour on warm days.) I checked for conversion and it appeared complete, so I finished my boil + additions, cooled and pitched. Fermentation was fast starting and vigorous, but finished in 2 days. I checked the FG and it was near my target but surprisingly a little low.
I assumed it would be a little sweeter and full bodied, but instead it's dryer and astringent. I racked to secondary and let it sit another ten days. The astringency is less, but frankly it still tastes like crap. It's thin and astringent.
Today, I'm either going to dump it or put it in the garage for a few weeks and see if it improves.