Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Weekend to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > 4th AG today

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
jfish63
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 4th AG today

I just finished my 4th AG batch. Everything went real smooth for the first time. I never had any major problems but this is getting easier. This batch was a Autumn Amber and came out at 84% efficient. A very big thank you to Bobby_M and his 2nd NJ brewing seminar. It was really a great day of brewing and I am sure it helped me out tremendously. So far I have brewed a ESB, Smooth nut brown, Honey porter, and the AAA today. My worst efficiency was 77%.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
enohcs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 9 Posts

Great work.
I just did a brown ale where I got spot on 70% eff (which I was aiming for). I targeted a 7.5gal collection and once I hit that volume I checked the gravity and bullseye. The great part was I tested the remaining runnings after I hit my volume (I fly sparge) and I was still getting 1.017. I wonder what sort of efficiency I could have gotten had I kept going...probably best I didn't keep going otherwise I would have had to do a good bit of adjusting.

but this last brew was the first where I think I could have broken 80.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply