Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > 3 weeks in Primary & Still have a Krausen?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
cwhill
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 3 weeks in Primary & Still have a Krausen?

Three weeks ago I brewed a BM Centennial Blonde.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=42841
Gravity readings seem to have settled out now but I still have good size krausen on top. I generally wait a few days after that settles before bottling but I haven't seen on take this long to drop? Any thoughts?

There are two rules for success in life:
1. Never tell anyone everything you know
Primary: Air
Secondary: Air
Bottled: BierMuncher's Centenial Blonde,Oatmeal Stout
Kegged: Centenial Blonde
On Deck:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
CatchinZs

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If your happy with the gravity reading just rack to the bottling bucket and leave the krausen behind.
It may fall in once you start but I've had krausen hang on like that before and doing it as above worked for me.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I ferment in buckets and sometimes I've noticed when I've had Krauzen after a significant period of time, that just the act of replacing the bucket in my closet is enough to knock the krauzen down.... I usually end up checking again in a few days, find the krauzen has fallen and go ahead and bottle or rack.

But like catchin Z's said, if you are happy with your numbers then go ahead and do what you have planned to do.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply