Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > 2nd All Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
Darwin18
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 656 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Yes, I did use Nottingham. I kept telling my girlfriend to turn the heat down. Is there any chance an estery taste will fade as the beer ages?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #12
Dougan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would think some long-term fridge bottle conditioning would have a lagering-like effect, which might reduce the fruity taste a little bit. Probably stuck with fruity flavors, though.

How is the bitterness on it? I just brewed a 1/2 size of this recipe, but my efficiency was in the 65% area and I didn't adjust the hop amounts accordingly. I'd have no complaints with a strong hop flavor, but I was a bit worried about the bitternes... oh well, just 2 gallons if it's bad anyway.

"Traffic. If only it were as light as your beer" - Miller MGD 64 truck. A thought I have every day while driving in heavy traffic, downing light beers.

Search Recipes by Ingredients | Check out my brewing recipes!

Primary: Lagunitas IPA Clone
Kegged: German Pilsner, Clydesdale (Spotted Cow Clone)

Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #13
Brutus Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus Brewer View Post
I tasted this today to see how it was coming along. I did up the psi to 30 a couple of days ago and have shaken the keg once each day. It did have a good amount of co2 and should be fully carbbed by Saturday.

The beer looks great; nice head and brilliant color. Flavor isn't too bad considering my OG was 1.037, so it's a little thin and unbalanced with a pronounced hop flavor. I can't wait to brew this again and hit the numbers to see how this should really taste.
Drank more of this over the weekend and I'm just not sure. There is virtually no malt flavor at all, mostly tastes like hopped water. As much as I hate to say it this one may be heading for the drain. This was brewed on January 4 and I doubt it is going to get much better.

Quick Reply