Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > 2.5g batch/lowOG

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
brewstaedt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 2.5g batch/lowOG

I've been attempting to brew 2.5g batches, but my OG's are consistently coming up low. I use a 5 gal. cooler for mashing, and am pretty anal about temps and volumes. My grain is milled at the store, and I've considered that as the culprit, but I brew10g batches with friends and we get our grain from the same store and have no gravity issues. So I'm wondering does the amount of grain affect conversion? Does more mass/weight = higher conversion? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply