Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > 1st dry hop experience

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
bferullo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default 1st dry hop experience

I dry hopped for the first time. I definitely say, there is much more aroma/flavor. I think dry hopping is underated for newer brewers who, like me, tend to not have the patience.

Anyhow, I was just wondering other people's experiences. I realized that when i dry hop I should possibly consider upping the hop boiling. This beer I just made seems to have great flavor and aroma, but that "bite" is missing.

Thanks for any input

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
philrose
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
I realized that when i dry hop I should possibly consider upping the hop boiling. This beer I just made seems to have great flavor and aroma, but that "bite" is missing.
I think you mean bittering additions to the boil? What do you mean by "bite?" bitterness?

if so dry hopping shouldn't drop bitterness perception. What beer did you make, any way you could post the recipe? Something's not really adding up about the second part of your post.
Planning- Witbier

@philthebrewer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply