I am so exhausted.
All went pretty well. Did a batch sparge and got just shy of 75%. I am so psyched about the color-- I have never been able to get anything this color (pale straw-- about 4.5 SRM) with extract.
The only issues I had were pretty much expected. Since I have an electric stove and no outdoor propane as of yet, I was not able to get the hot break I wanted. Also, I collected about a 1/2 gallon more than I had hoped for because my boil off was far lower than I expected. Fortunately, I got a great cold break from the new wort chiller.
Also, I undershot my strike temp by about 6 degrees. After adding a couple of quarts of 180 water I was still under temp and since my MLT was nearly full, I did a small decoction which brought everything up to snuff.
Because of my burner-challenged setup, it took about 8 hours but I think it looks like it will be beer