Yet another Beartrap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
My BIL came into town this weekend and brought me a little gift. Sure it's scary, but I'm ready to get boiling!

IMG_0244.JPG

Is BM's keggle's reign finally over? Do we have a new champion? This one actually has individual teeth, FFS!

That's not even like "ow I scratched my arm" jagged, that's "oh my god, there's a chunk of my arm missing" jagged. Mine was cut with a plasma cutter so the edge was pretty much a clean circle but just a bit sharp due to slag, and even then I managed to dig my arm up pretty nicely the couple times I used it before grinding the edge smooth. If mine had been like yours, there WOULD have been blood, and probably lots of it.

I'm not even sure where to start with it, but you should REALLY figure out some way to take care of that. Angle grinder and a huge number of cutoff wheels perhaps? I'm sure your BIL meant well, but IMO he was NOT doing you any favors... With the amount of time and effort it would take to make it even moderately safe now, you could have cut the thing properly in the first place.

A single cutoff wheel on an angle grinder will clean that up. You won't be able to fit any kind of lid, but that's not a big deal. Take those teeth off flush with the sidewalls of the keg.

Yeah, I'm going to need to do something about that, but for now, I'll just be very much aware of the possibility of death. I'll try not to drink too much whilst brewing! I think my BIL has a pretty good idea of what I'm doing to his sister and he's not liking it! :D

Funkenjaeger said:
Is BM's keggle's reign finally over? Do we have a new champion? This one actually has individual teeth, FFS!

BM must be his BIL :D

Wow, that is all I have to say, lol. I would have to agree to clean that thing up with a grinder before use. For a kettle it won't need a lid so no biggy, but Bobby_M is right about cleaning. That would be a nightmare, and you probably wouldn't cut yourself until you were cleaning it. I'd find a burr grinder or a rotary file to take those "teeth" down to the keg sidewall flush. Take your time and it will look great.

you should have never touched his sister with the hands you are undoubtably about to lose in that thing. You BIL appears to have your number!

He wants a keggle, the kind with teeth
People should get beat up for stating their beliefs
Because he knows there's no such thing

* With all due respect to TMBG

adx said:
People should get beat up for stating their beliefs
Because he knows there's no such thing

* With all due respect to TMBG

Awesome! First thing I thought when I saw the pic, too. :mug:

That thing is terrifying! Have fun!

These things are reminding me of a scene from 'The Thing'. Don't take hallucinagenics when using that kettle.lol

wow....I still have 1 more keggle to cut...part of my just wants to have fun with it to top you and BM off!

Back