New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > yeast accidentally racked into keg, slow carb at serving pressure or quick carb?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
timewasted
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default yeast accidentally racked into keg, slow carb at serving pressure or quick carb?

I made a nice brown that was perfectly clear, however I accidentally racked a couple of siphons full of yeast into the keg as I was starting the flow. I want to be able to serve the beer as soon as possible, but I want it clear when I do. I put the keg in my kegerator right away as I normally do. Typically I would shake the keg to quick carb it, but I'm afraid doing that is really going to push the yeast into suspension. My question is would it be better to just put the keg at serving pressure and let it fall out, knowing that it will take 4 or 5 days to start getting to pressure, or would the yeast fall out sooner, even if I shake the keg to carb it faster?

Blog: http://timewasted.net

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply