Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > yay free EZ caps... and a question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
cheschire
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default yay free EZ caps... and a question

So my job right now is a chef de par tis at the Butchart Gardens Dining room. (some of you might be familiar with the place) anyways, they sell cider from the bar and the come in sweet old style EZ Cap bottles and I get to take all the empties!!
My question is; I have some other EZ cap bottles from a local brewery that are 1 liter in size and I heard that larger glass bottles are weaker. Is this true? will a 1 liter EZ Cap bottle be able to handle the pressure of home brew if I carb properly?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4660 Times on 3385 Posts
Likes Given: 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheschire View Post
So my job right now is a chef de par tis at the Butchart Gardens Dining room. (some of you might be familiar with the place) anyways, they sell cider from the bar and the come in sweet old style EZ Cap bottles and I get to take all the empties!!
My question is; I have some other EZ cap bottles from a local brewery that are 1 liter in size and I heard that larger glass bottles are weaker. Is this true? will a 1 liter EZ Cap bottle be able to handle the pressure of home brew if I carb properly?
It depends on the bottle, but if the cider is carbed, then the bottles should hold beer without any problems. I use Grolsch bottles quite a bit, and just replace the gaskets when they get worn a bit.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
cheschire
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

the one liter bottles arent the cider bottles but now that you mention it, the beer that came in them was carbed so Im assuming its meant to be able to withstand the pressure... I guess that answers my question

Old 06-26-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
Corey_James
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I get beer in the 1l ez caps and have put over 3 vols of CO2 in them with no problem. I probably wouldn't go much over that though.

Primary - MT
Secondary - Red India Pale Lager
Conditioning - None.
Bottled - More than my sig will allow me to post.

Quick Reply