Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Will this ruin my beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
Dgonza9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default Will this ruin my beer?

Now that I'm doing 10 gallon batches I'm finding that I can't keep two kegs of each brew in my keezer without running out of space. I have a keg I've been force carbing for two weeks now. Can I remove it or will taking it from the freezer make it go bad somehow? Is the change in temperature damaging to the beer?

I assume it's okay to hit a newly filled corny with pressure and then allow it to condition at room temp?

Bourbon Barrel Duchesse De Bourgnone
Kegged:

Fermenting English Mild

on Deck: Lager?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 11

you can take the carbed beer out of the fridge and set it at room temp. it won't harm the beer.

You can force carb at room temp, but it takes a LOT more pressure. Like 35psi or something for a couple weeks instead of 11psi for a couple of weeks for chilled beer.

I keep my pipeline moving by priming new kegs with sugar as if I was bottling, but then seal the keg with CO2 pressure and let it naturally carb from the sugar.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
kozski10
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
you can take the carbed beer out of the fridge and set it at room temp. it won't harm the beer.

You can force carb at room temp, but it takes a LOT more pressure. Like 35psi or something for a couple weeks instead of 11psi for a couple of weeks for chilled beer.

I keep my pipeline moving by priming new kegs with sugar as if I was bottling, but then seal the keg with CO2 pressure and let it naturally carb from the sugar.
Can you elaborate on your method of priming kegs with sugar ? Amount of sugar,Temp, etc.......... Thanks. I also like to naturally carb a keg. Just wonder what your method is. Thanks. -Koz

Old 10-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #4
Dgonza9
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Thanks for the input, guys. I think I'm going to move a keg or two I've got doubled up in the kegerator make room for some more variety.

Bourbon Barrel Duchesse De Bourgnone
Kegged:

Fermenting English Mild

on Deck: Lager?

Quick Reply