Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Why is my beergas gone already!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
FlatcapBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Why is my beergas gone already!!

I recently bought a stout faucet beer gas cylinder and regulator. The first time i hook it up to one of my stouts everything seems fine till the next day when i go to pour a beer and nothing comes out. the tank was empty!

So i thought it was my connections, even though the only connections are the regulator to the tank, the hose to the reg and the hose to the QD. I refilled my tank and used a spray bottle of star san to see if there was any leaks after i really tightened the connections and nothing was leaking.

Would a whole 5# tank of beer gas leak out overnight with a significant leak that would be easily detectable? the only connection that hasnt been used before with just my CO2 bottle is the connection at the bottle and regulator, i have used all of my hoses and disconnects with my Co2 with no problems in the past. Also its not the keg leaking because i have used multiple kegs and both the kegs have been used with co2 with no leaks. could it be a faulty regulator maybe? any ideas of what the problem could be? i am already out about 70 $$ in beer gas and cant really afford this to happen again. thanks everyone!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
dzlater
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Just because the kegs held pressure before doesn't mean they are
sealed up good this time. I'd check to make sure it leaking out of the keg.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
FlatcapBrew
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

kegs hold pressure fine, they are not leaking at all right now

Old 06-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Rushis
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Are you using Teflon tape on the regulator?

At work the Argon and Nitrogen cylinders I use tend to have very slight leaks unless the male fittings are properly taped up and cinched down tightly. THe soapy water test works well, but sometimes it takes a few minutes of staring at the bubbles to make sure no new ones are forming.

Quick Reply