Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Who else hates their 575 Perlicks?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Jamminjoenapo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Who else hates their 575 Perlicks?

I bought them since I love stouts and have been nothing but disappointed in these faucets. I seem to clean up more spills from drips of the faucets not closing completely or guests not being able to figure out the taps. Once I can afford to replace them with 525s I will in a heartbeat, or if anyone wants to trade for them let me know. Just seeing if I am the only one out there that does not like the 575 faucets.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Neilyboy
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have not used the 525s but I myself went with the 575s (enjoy stouts every now and again). I am only on my 5th keg through both of my 575s but I have done nothing but clean up the mess my father in law makes after drawing a beer (and myself on occasion). One thing I have noticed is that one of the 575's somewhat 'locks' back in place while the other never really sticks back into place and drips until I work it back and forth until it sticks.. I figured I just got one 'bad' one dud.. I agree it would be nice to have two 'working' faucets as I paid decent money to upgrade (kegconnection) and waste a bit of beer trying to get the faucet to close..

neil

Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
iijakii
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 150

I never use teh feature so I wouldn't mind having the regular 525s, but I don't have a leaking problem on my two. I do have the dumb-drunk-friend problem though sometimes.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
jwilki1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I converted my to a regular 525ss with parts from ritebrew once I got my actual stout faucet. You'll need to replace the following:

Handle Lever - Non-creamer Style
http://www.ritebrew.com/product-p/843263.htm

Bearing Cup
http://www.ritebrew.com/product-p/843265.htm

“Having thus chosen our course, without guile and with pure purpose, let us renew our trust in God, and go forward without fear and with manly hearts.”
-Abraham Lincoln

Quick Reply