Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > where online can I buy longer beer line with cobra tap attached

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
as1084
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default where online can I buy longer beer line with cobra tap attached

Hey guys! I just realized that I'm going to need a longer hose to serve my 16 psi dead guy ale. I've looked online, but they only have long beer lines/tubing, without the cobra tap attached. the line i got now is 5 ft, 3/16th from my kegging kit (why do they only make it 5 ft!? uggghh). anyways, if you know any place online to buy a longer beer line w/ cobra tap attached, please let me know. i need about 16 ft. if you can't buy it with a cobra tap attached, how do I make my current line longer? thanks!

oh if I call kegconnection.com or another site, do they make custom length beer lines with cobra tap?

Last edited by as1084; 07-24-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3211 Times on 3115 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by as1084 View Post
Hey guys! I just realized that I'm going to need a longer hose to serve my 16 psi dead guy ale. I've looked online, but they only have long beer lines/tubing, without the cobra tap attached. the line i got now is 5 ft, 3/16th from my kegging kit (why do they only make it 5 ft!? uggghh). anyways, if you know any place online to buy a longer beer line w/ cobra tap attached, please let me know. i need about 16 ft. if you can't buy it with a cobra tap attached, how do I make my current line longer? thanks!

oh if I call kegconnection.com or another site, do they make custom length beer lines with cobra tap?
What does your cobra faucet look like? You should be able to just buy a longer length of line and put your cobra faucet on the end. Most of the ones I've seen just have a hose barb on the end. Like this-http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=224

If you have a wierd faucet and can't separate it from the line, just buy a new faucet (like the $3 one I linked above) and the 16' of line. One hose clamp and you're ready to go. They don't need to be purchased as a set.

Edit: With 3/16" line I don't think you even need the hose clamp.

Last edited by JuanMoore; 07-24-2010 at 08:00 AM.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
as1084
Recipes 

i have the tap u linked. its the tap that came standard with the kegging kit I bought from keg connection. I was just hoping I could get it as a set already assembled, instead of my possibly screwing it up lol. thanks!

Old 07-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #4
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
i have the tap u linked. its the tap that came standard with the kegging kit I bought. I was just hoping I could get it as a set already assembled, instead of my possibly screwing it up lol. thanks!
It really couldn't be easier. If you're really worried you'll ruin the old faucet removing the hose, just buy another faucet or two. They're only $3.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
as1084
Recipes 

yea I'm trying to pull off the tap right now as I speak and it is really stuck in there. and I just use a coupling to attach the connector to the keg on the other end of the hose right?

Old 07-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
as1084
Recipes 

Also what length of hose do you think I need to serve at 16 psi? thanks again!

Old 07-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
yea I'm trying to pull off the tap right now as I speak and it is really stuck in there. and I just use a coupling to attach the connector to the keg on the other end of the hose right?
The other end of the hose should be on a hose barb also. Soaking in hot water for a minute will soften the hose and make it easier to remove. If it's really stuck you may need to cut the hose just past the barbs. Then stick a knife in between the hose and the barb to cut the little piece of hose off of the barb.

For a cobra faucet with the lines coiled on top of the keg I'm going to guess you'll need 14-16' of 3/16"ID line at 16 psi. It's better to buy a longer line than you need because you can always cut some off if needed. Make sure to open the faucet all the way when pouring, because only opening it part way will cause foam.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:01 AM   #8
ThreeDogsNE
Good for what ales you
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanMoore View Post
It really couldn't be easier. If you're really worried you'll ruin the old faucet removing the hose, just buy another faucet or two. They're only $3.
+1 on this new tap. If you have to resort to a knife to remove the old one, be very careful. It is easy to score the plastic, only to find later that beer is leaking out along the score line.

Quick Reply