New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > where to get slim 1/4 kegs that are ball lock style??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
NewJersey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default where to get slim 1/4 kegs that are ball lock style??

1/4 keg- 7 3/4 gallons 85lb.

1/6 keg- 5 gallons 60lb.

my ag setup can accomodate 7.5 gal batches, but 10 would be too big.
anybody do this?? help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
JuanMoore
SACD

Recipes 

Liked 3179 Times on 3087 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Corny kegs don't come in 1/4 bbl size. If you're really set on using that size, just use sankey slim 1/4's.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 01-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
NewJersey
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanMoore View Post
Corny kegs don't come in 1/4 bbl size. If you're really set on using that size, just use sankey slim 1/4's.
ok, where do i get those?

Old 01-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
bphelan
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Since I assume you are in NJ, Yuengling is one I'm aware of that uses tall 1/4 bbl.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
patthebrewer
Manasquan River Brewing LLC

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 111

What are you looking to do with them turn 'em into fermenters, or just keg beer in? Also are you talking about cornelius Kegs, or standard commercial Sankey keg. Might be able point you in the right direction with a little more info.

ManasquanRiverBrewingllc@outlook.com

"Custom Hand Crafted Fine Brewing Implements, Mash Paddles & Wood Working For Brewers by a Brewer. Serving both Pro Brewers and Home Brewing Customers"

Available thru the Fine Folks at MoreBeer! Inc.

Also available thru select Local Home Brew Stores World Wide.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
NewJersey
Recipes 

i would like to keg in 1/4 sankey kegs and also serve outta them in my kegerator which is currebtly setup to use cornelius stye posts.
some kind of adapter would be nice so i wouldnt have to change out any lines/fittings.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
patthebrewer
Manasquan River Brewing LLC

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 111

These are what you need. http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/tail-piece-1-4-mfl.html You replace the tailpieces on your sankey coupler with these. Does you beer line have the ball lock couplers that are barbed (requiring a clamp to hold them onto the line) or are they threaded onto a 1/4" nut. If they are barbed you will also need these http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/1-4-barbed-swivel-nut.html . Once you have the 1/4 " talipieces attached to your sankey coupler, and the 1/4" swivel nuts attached to your line you will be easily be able to switch from sankey kegs to ball lock cornelius kegs anytime you want. Thats what I run in my system. 1/4 barrel sankeys are common, you could troll junk yards, or see if a beer distributer has some old ones they are willing to part with....and there is always ebay.

ManasquanRiverBrewingllc@outlook.com

"Custom Hand Crafted Fine Brewing Implements, Mash Paddles & Wood Working For Brewers by a Brewer. Serving both Pro Brewers and Home Brewing Customers"

Available thru the Fine Folks at MoreBeer! Inc.

Also available thru select Local Home Brew Stores World Wide.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
JuanMoore
SACD

Recipes 

Liked 3179 Times on 3087 Posts
Likes Given: 18

If you're going to use sankey kegs exclusively, it will be cheaper and easier to just use standard sankey tailpieces rather than adapters. If you want to ability to switch between sankey and corny from time to time, then the MFL tailpieces linked above are the way to go. You'll need a sankey coupler for each line either way.

To acquire sankey kegs legally, I'd start by calling any local breweries and beer distributors. You might also check the classifieds at the probrewer forums. There are also several companies that sell them new, but unless you're buying a lot of them, the freight can be pretty pricey.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
NewJersey
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patthebrewer View Post
These are what you need. http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/tail-piece-1-4-mfl.html You replace the tailpieces on your sankey coupler with these. Does you beer line have the ball lock couplers that are barbed (requiring a clamp to hold them onto the line) or are they threaded onto a 1/4" nut. If they are barbed you will also need these http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/1-4-barbed-swivel-nut.html . Once you have the 1/4 " talipieces attached to your sankey coupler, and the 1/4" swivel nuts attached to your line you will be easily be able to switch from sankey kegs to ball lock cornelius kegs anytime you want. Thats what I run in my system. 1/4 barrel sankeys are common, you could troll junk yards, or see if a beer distributer has some old ones they are willing to part with....and there is always ebay.
that is exactly what im looking to avoid if that makes any sense.
i want something that will adapt a sankey tap directly to my setup without removing lines or clamps of any kind. a sankey tap with cornelius posts would be ideal i guess.
i found a place online that sells em for $100 new. not sure if i wanna bother with this now as it seems like such a pain in the butt.
would fit in my kegerator no problem though, so its a shame i stuck with 5 gallon kegging.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #10
tophmck
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJersey View Post
that is exactly what im looking to avoid if that makes any sense.
i want something that will adapt a sankey tap directly to my setup without removing lines or clamps of any kind. a sankey tap with cornelius posts would be ideal i guess.
i found a place online that sells em for $100 new. not sure if i wanna bother with this now as it seems like such a pain in the butt.
would fit in my kegerator no problem though, so its a shame i stuck with 5 gallon kegging.
There's this option.

Quick Reply