Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Bottling/Kegging (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/)
-   -   where to get slim 1/4 kegs that are ball lock style?? (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/where-get-slim-1-4-kegs-ball-lock-style-383516/)

NewJersey 01-22-2013 03:15 AM

where to get slim 1/4 kegs that are ball lock style??
 
http://www.kegworld.com/draftbeeriss...s-newsmall.JPG
1/4 keg- 7 3/4 gallons 85lb.

1/6 keg- 5 gallons 60lb.



my ag setup can accomodate 7.5 gal batches, but 10 would be too big.
anybody do this?? help!

JuanMoore 01-22-2013 05:11 AM

Corny kegs don't come in 1/4 bbl size. If you're really set on using that size, just use sankey slim 1/4's.

NewJersey 01-22-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanMoore (Post 4811945)
Corny kegs don't come in 1/4 bbl size. If you're really set on using that size, just use sankey slim 1/4's.

ok, where do i get those?

bphelan 01-22-2013 03:46 PM

Since I assume you are in NJ, Yuengling is one I'm aware of that uses tall 1/4 bbl.

patthebrewer 01-22-2013 03:59 PM

What are you looking to do with them turn 'em into fermenters, or just keg beer in? Also are you talking about cornelius Kegs, or standard commercial Sankey keg. Might be able point you in the right direction with a little more info.:)

NewJersey 01-22-2013 04:07 PM

i would like to keg in 1/4 sankey kegs and also serve outta them in my kegerator which is currebtly setup to use cornelius stye posts.
some kind of adapter would be nice so i wouldnt have to change out any lines/fittings.

patthebrewer 01-22-2013 04:24 PM

These are what you need. http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/t...e-1-4-mfl.html You replace the tailpieces on your sankey coupler with these. Does you beer line have the ball lock couplers that are barbed (requiring a clamp to hold them onto the line) or are they threaded onto a 1/4" nut. If they are barbed you will also need these http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/1...wivel-nut.html . Once you have the 1/4 " talipieces attached to your sankey coupler, and the 1/4" swivel nuts attached to your line you will be easily be able to switch from sankey kegs to ball lock cornelius kegs anytime you want. Thats what I run in my system. 1/4 barrel sankeys are common, you could troll junk yards, or see if a beer distributer has some old ones they are willing to part with....and there is always ebay.

JuanMoore 01-22-2013 05:40 PM

If you're going to use sankey kegs exclusively, it will be cheaper and easier to just use standard sankey tailpieces rather than adapters. If you want to ability to switch between sankey and corny from time to time, then the MFL tailpieces linked above are the way to go. You'll need a sankey coupler for each line either way.

To acquire sankey kegs legally, I'd start by calling any local breweries and beer distributors. You might also check the classifieds at the probrewer forums. There are also several companies that sell them new, but unless you're buying a lot of them, the freight can be pretty pricey.

NewJersey 01-22-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patthebrewer (Post 4813190)
These are what you need. http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/t...e-1-4-mfl.html You replace the tailpieces on your sankey coupler with these. Does you beer line have the ball lock couplers that are barbed (requiring a clamp to hold them onto the line) or are they threaded onto a 1/4" nut. If they are barbed you will also need these http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/1...wivel-nut.html . Once you have the 1/4 " talipieces attached to your sankey coupler, and the 1/4" swivel nuts attached to your line you will be easily be able to switch from sankey kegs to ball lock cornelius kegs anytime you want. Thats what I run in my system. 1/4 barrel sankeys are common, you could troll junk yards, or see if a beer distributer has some old ones they are willing to part with....and there is always ebay.

that is exactly what im looking to avoid if that makes any sense.
i want something that will adapt a sankey tap directly to my setup without removing lines or clamps of any kind. a sankey tap with cornelius posts would be ideal i guess.
i found a place online that sells em for $100 new. not sure if i wanna bother with this now as it seems like such a pain in the butt.
would fit in my kegerator no problem though, so its a shame i stuck with 5 gallon kegging.

tophmck 01-22-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewJersey (Post 4814241)
that is exactly what im looking to avoid if that makes any sense.
i want something that will adapt a sankey tap directly to my setup without removing lines or clamps of any kind. a sankey tap with cornelius posts would be ideal i guess.
i found a place online that sells em for $100 new. not sure if i wanna bother with this now as it seems like such a pain in the butt.
would fit in my kegerator no problem though, so its a shame i stuck with 5 gallon kegging.

There's this option.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:26 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.