Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Where to get a co2 Fill in MD

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #11
SSDD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmulligan View Post
Annapolis Homebrew fills tanks (not exchange). I think it's like $15 for my 5 lb. tank.
Thanks for posting this up. I went there to get my tank filled up and the facility and staff were great. I'll definitely be going there for my keg needs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
bigdubz
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Just back from a three stop circuit that ended in success. H&K Fire Protection guy was really nice, but his CO2 pump was down for repairs so no luck there. He referred me to Roberts Oxygen which only offered to exchange. Since I just got a brand new tank, I was about to do that. They did refer me to Maryland Fire Equipment in Rockville, who filled my 20 pound tank for $36 even. Probably not the best price, but they were very friendly, and of course, I was running out of options.

H&K told me they charge 95 cents a pound, so whenever I do run out, I'll be bringing my tank there.
cheers

Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
tjash
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Bad experience at Maryland Fire Equipment today. They started filling my bottles before giving me a price. I wasn't worried about it because I figured a place like that would be fairly cheap, or at worst, comparable to LHBS prices. The clerk came back out front with a sales slip and told me it would be $50. $25/tank, for a 5# and a 4# bottle. After recovering from the sticker shock, I told them that I thought it was a little steep and that other places in the area offered the same service for much less. The clerk got the manager who was filling the bottles and brought him up front. I explained that I thought the price was high, and before I could offer to pay for the one bottle he already filled, and rather than trying to work with me on the price, he shrugged and said "Ok. I'll just dump them." A few minutes later he came back with both bottles completely iced over and told me that wherever I go they might need to take them apart since there was good chance that there was an ice ball inside. Great.

So, I went a couple miles north to HK Fire Protection. They were great and filled both bottles for $17 total. I recommend avoiding Maryland Fire Equipment for smaller bottles. Might be worth it for a larger tank, but they charge a $25 minimum per bottle.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #14
brussum
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Wow! That's pretty bad customer service. Clearly, they don't want or need your business. Lesson learned.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjash View Post
Bad experience at Maryland Fire Equipment today. They started filling my bottles before giving me a price. I wasn't worried about it because I figured a place like that would be fairly cheap, or at worst, comparable to LHBS prices. The clerk came back out front with a sales slip and told me it would be $50. $25/tank, for a 5# and a 4# bottle. After recovering from the sticker shock, I told them that I thought it was a little steep and that other places in the area offered the same service for much less. The clerk got the manager who was filling the bottles and brought him up front. I explained that I thought the price was high, and before I could offer to pay for the one bottle he already filled, and rather than trying to work with me on the price, he shrugged and said "Ok. I'll just dump them." A few minutes later he came back with both bottles completely iced over and told me that wherever I go they might need to take them apart since there was good chance that there was an ice ball inside. Great.

So, I went a couple miles north to HK Fire Protection. They were great and filled both bottles for $17 total. I recommend avoiding Maryland Fire Equipment for smaller bottles. Might be worth it for a larger tank, but they charge a $25 minimum per bottle.
That is ridiculous that they just dumped it...clearly it didnt cost them $25 to fill . I think they don't feel like dealing with us homebrewers so they set the price at a fee to make it worth there time?

Glad I saw this thread though! I am getting ready to be empty on my 5# and didn't fill like trekking over to Laurel. HK sounds great! Its like a hidden gem cause they aren't list on BURPS CO2 map

I also email Torrid Paintball in Gaithersburg and they claim to fill for $0.25 and ounce or $20 for a 5# tank...so a little steep but they are open til 8 and 7 on Friday/Saturday respectively.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #16
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Oh I see now that HK is only open Monday-Friday...darn

Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #17
circa1023
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

HK Fire Protection in Rockville also does quick, on-the-spot CO2 fills. I got my 10# tank filled for $18.

http://www.hkfireprotection.com/

Old 05-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #18
garycan157
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by circa1023 View Post
HK Fire Protection in Rockville also does quick, on-the-spot CO2 fills. I got my 10# tank filled for $18.

http://www.hkfireprotection.com/
Thank you for the recommendation! Went there this morning and they filled up my 5# tank for $9.50! Great customer service and they said they really appreciate all the business from the HB community. I definitely recommend HK Fire Protection and will definitely use them again in the future!

Old 05-16-2013, 02:47 AM   #19
MMBB
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Anybody know where to get beer gas in MD? I want to make sure I can get tanks filled, for less than an arm and a leg, before I dive into it.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #20
mtbiker278
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

You're going to have to go to a specialty place like Roberts Oxygen or Airgas for a mixed gas. As far as filling goes, it won't be cheap (<$20). Best bet is to do an exchange. Airgas up in Frederick had the smaller tanks available, but I'm not sure if that's all locations. I would call a couple of locations to find out prices, but they should be pretty similar.

Good Luck!

Prepare for Ludicrous Speed! Keezer Build

Quick Reply