Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Where to fill CO2 near Ann Arbor/Howell MI?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Puffin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Where to fill CO2 near Ann Arbor/Howell MI?

I found a previous old thread on this, but no one listed a specific location/vendor.

Where can I get a CO2 tank filled in SE Michigan? Ann Arbor/Howell/Dexter Area?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
BigB
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Try Airgas: http://www.airgas.com/customer_servi...e_locator.aspx I get all of my CO2 from their Mt. Clemens/Clinton Twp branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
It's now degenerating into nu uh and uh huhs and it no longer serves a point.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Puffin
Recipes 

Thanks, they worked out well. I went to the one in Auburn Hills because I happened to be there for work. They said they fill tanks in Ferndale, you have to drop it off and pick it up later. Even though I had a new 5lb tank from Midwest, I decided it was easier to just exchange it rather than fill it. It was under $17 dollars to exchange.

Note to co2 tank buyers from midwest: I should've saved $5 at midwest and just bought a used tank, rather than get a new one.

I also found they (airgas) sell a decent sized oxygen tank for around $115 filled - I need to ask how much future exchanges will be, but that didn't sound bad, considering the little tiny oxygen tanks at lowes or home depot are like $10. Anyone know if the williams regulator/stick kit work with these type of tanks too?

Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
carlisle_bob
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

Hi

If your Airgas outlet is like the one here, plan on spending some time when you visit. I think I saved roughly $10 every 10 minutes the guy spent digging in the computer for better prices on basically the same gas bottle. Took an hour, but it was worth the time....

Bob

Old 06-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
BigB
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
Thanks, they worked out well. I went to the one in Auburn Hills because I happened to be there for work. They said they fill tanks in Ferndale, you have to drop it off and pick it up later. Even though I had a new 5lb tank from Midwest, I decided it was easier to just exchange it rather than fill it. It was under $17 dollars to exchange.
Oh yeah, I forgot they only fill in Ferndale... I always just exchange. Once I received a free 20lb steel tank from a neighbor in which the certification expired years ago. I took it to them, they found some markings from some company that went out of business years ago. But the guy at the counter remembered that Airgas bought out the company that bought out the company that had those markings... So they exchanged my old, uncertified, empty, steel tank for a practically brand new aluminum tank that was filled for $20. Great customer service through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
It's now degenerating into nu uh and uh huhs and it no longer serves a point.

Quick Reply