Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > where to buy bottles?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
IXIboneheadIXI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default where to buy bottles?

ok im looking for a standard 12 oz long neck bottle, at a decent price, only problem is i need clear.

and i dont drink corona or anything in a clear bottle, and where i live, no one does (redneck area, bud light, bud light and even more piss in a bottle) so even going to a bar and asking them for some clear bottles for more than the return would be woudlnt even help s i may get 1 or 2.

so i need a website that sells them, any help?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 283 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 325

Well, the thing with bottles is shipping. It's expensive to ship all that glass. Corona bottles filled with beer, or your clear bottle of choice (I think newcastle and MGD are screw cap, unfortunately), will be cheaper in your grocery store than empty bottles even in your LHBS because the big companies ship in bulk, saving them tons and tons of money. I say throw a mexican fiesta and buy a few cases of corona to hand out. Better than pouring them down the drain.

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 08-23-2012, 01:34 AM   #3
porcupine73
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 513

I got some growlers a while back from sks-bottle.com. I think they shipped from NY so it wasn't too much for shipping. I'm not sure they have the exact bottle style you are seeking though.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
IXIboneheadIXI
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 8

looks like im going to have to go the route of buying corona, oh well its a fairly cheap beer atleast. it sucks cause you can find cheap amber bottles so easily

Old 08-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
porcupine73
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Hm maybe you could loiter around a busy can&bottle return center, the way some people loiter around the parking lot at gun buybacks. With a good supply of change in your pocket you could eye up the clear bottles and sweet talk the patrons such as 'what no way man don't settle for five cents each for your bottles, here I'm going to give you TEN cents a piece.'

Quick Reply