Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > What's best: week at room temp or week in fridge?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
novafire
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default What's best: week at room temp or week in fridge?

I am having a party in exactly one week and am serving several of my beers. I have a full batch of Superior Strong Ale (brewed in March) http://www.midwestsupplies.com/produ...spx?SubCat=130 in bottles that I would like to serve. It still has a very small hint of that big beer bite that many higher OG beers have when they are too young. I am enjoying a bottle right now however and I doubt anyone will really notice, but in the interest of science, what what would be the best temperature at which to store the beer until next Saturday? I could refrigerate the bottles for the next week or keep them at room temp (72 degrees) and toss them in the fridge the night before the party.

Instinct tells me to refrigerate them and stop thinking about it, but I also thought maybe the extra week at room temp would do them some good.

Thoughts?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1042 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 28

You'll get more clarity and sediment compaction after a week in the fridge. Given that it's been aging warm for quite some time, an extra week on that front won't do much. I vote fridge.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 136 Times on 129 Posts

Quote:
but in the interest of science
Sounds like you'll have to some of each & do a comparison.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 07-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
novafire
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42 View Post
Sounds like you'll have to some of each & do a comparison.

I was kinda leaning towards that method actually.

Quick Reply