*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Whats the best mini fridge to convert to

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
GIusedtoBe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Whats the best mini fridge to convert to

a kegerator? I'd like a three tap setup w/ the gas inside the fridge if possible. Are there any units out there that can handle three cornies and a 10# tank? I'd settle for a two tap setup if I had to.

Where can I find these mini fridges? I haven't seen them at Best Buy etc.

How much should I expect to pay for just the fridge? I'll worry about the taps and stuff later.

BTW Craigs list and local used is not much of an option, I don't live in a major metro area so I rarely see interesting things listed.

Thanks,
Al

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
daholl01
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIusedtoBe
a kegerator? I'd like a three tap setup w/ the gas inside the fridge if possible. Are there any units out there that can handle three cornies and a 10# tank? I'd settle for a two tap setup if I had to.

Where can I find these mini fridges? I haven't seen them at Best Buy etc.

How much should I expect to pay for just the fridge? I'll worry about the taps and stuff later.

BTW Craigs list and local used is not much of an option, I don't live in a major metro area so I rarely see interesting things listed.

Thanks,
Al
As far as mini fridges go, I have not heard of any that handle three, other than maybe some pre-built kegerator. As for two, Sanyo 4912 is by far the most popular and there is lots of info on converting it on here. From what I hear that is a snug fit to get two cornies and a 5# tank.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Hey GI, Yuri, Edwort and Kornkob have commercial kegerators (Danby?) that will hold three cornies. I'm not sure about a 10# internal tank, though. The tank may have a recess on the back for it.

Check out this thread for inspiration: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=29053

Quick Reply