Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > What parts do I need for a commercial kegerator?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
Shonuff
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default What parts do I need for a commercial kegerator?

My friend wants me to build him a kegerator. Since I built my own he thought he would tap into my knowledge. However my knowledge is somewhat limited. For my kegerator I installed a tower with faucets with disconnects for corny kegs.

My friend does not homebrew and will only have commercial kegs in his fridge. He already has an upright fridge and wants one tap coming out the door.

I know I need

-perlick faucets
-the thing that connects from the faucet outside and runs through the door (Is that the shank?)
-Tubing
-commerical keg disconnect (don't know what it's called)
-CO2 tank

Anyone know what else?

Last edited by Shonuff; 07-21-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 937 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 28

That's basically it. The only difference between a homebrew and commercial kegger is the connection to the keg. Instead of individual gas and beer connectors you'd attach both lines to a sanke tap/coupling. Your friend may need more than one since there are slight differences between the majority of U.S. based breweries and imports. I guess it depends on what kind of beer he drinks.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 07-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
drunkatuw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Most places that sell kegging equipment for homebrew also sell it for commercial beer kegerators:

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Categories.bok?category=Standard+Kegerator+Kits+%2 8Not+Homebrew%29%3ARefrigerator+Keg+Kits

Quick Reply