Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > What are my portable dispensing options?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #11
BWRIGHT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Maybe this would be the way to go then. I'd like to have everything contained so it can't get screwed up. You cannot underestimate the stupidiy of your friends and or strangers (especially when drinking beer).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2008, 04:54 AM   #12
kmlavoy
Recipes 

With those CO2 chargers: do you basically just hit them when they stop pouring? I just got one, and I'm trying to make sure I'm not one of those "tards."

lavoyboysbrewing.blogspot.com

Old 06-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #13
PeteOz77

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Keep in mind that you only need to chill the bottom third of the corny, as they dispense from the bottom, so a big igloo round cooler will work fine.

A local HBS here has sorted out a way to use Paintball gun tanks (About the size of your standard Propane Torch bottle) with a standard regulator for portability. I have bought one of these for "emergency" use in case my gas bottle runs empty and I can't git it filled immediately. He also refills them for $5 each.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #14
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1056 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmlavoy View Post
With those CO2 chargers: do you basically just hit them when they stop pouring? I just got one, and I'm trying to make sure I'm not one of those "tards."
They're not pressure regulated at all. You put the charger on to the disconnect and CAREFULLY attach it to the keg making sure you don't pull the trigger on the charger. You'll put 600psi into the sealed connector and blow it up.

You just tap the trigger WHILE CONNECTED to the keg if you need a little more head pressure to pour. I'd say you get about 3-5 pints to pour between 1-second shots.
Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Quick Reply