Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > What kind of kegs are these?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #21
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanMoore View Post
Those two statements don't make any sense together. You don't have to be lucky to get them cheap, since there's very little demand for them, which is the same reason there's a bunch of didn't sell listings with very low starting bids and no reserve. How many of the overpriced ones with "buy it now" sold? The fact is that the going rate for used HS couplers is less than a new set of corny QD's, whether you choose to believe it or not.
QD's for cornies (a pair) cost less than $10:
http://www.ritebrew.com/category-s/1912.htm

A cornie plus QD's will cost you ~$50 without any last-minute-ebay-bid-sniping required. Anyone can get it for this much with no ebay skills required.

I do see some sold listings for very little on the HS couplers, so hopefully the OP can get those cheap.

Cheapest buy-it-now is $40 I think? There's one auction, too that will cost $20 with shipping. Isn't there some sort of attachment that is needed to go on the threaded top part of the coupler, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #22
tre9er
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsPaul View Post
Would it possibly be cheaper to drill and add ball lock fittings and just buy new lids?
A quick search says probably not, by the time you buy the posts, diptube, lid, and QD's.

Quote:
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #23
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3202 Times on 3106 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er

QD's for cornies (a pair) cost less than $10:
http://www.ritebrew.com/category-s/1912.htm

A cornie plus QD's will cost you ~$50 without any last-minute-ebay-bid-sniping required. Anyone can get it for this much with no ebay skills required.

I do see some sold listings for very little on the HS couplers, so hopefully the OP can get those cheap.

Cheapest buy-it-now is $40 I think? There's one auction, too that will cost $20 with shipping. Isn't there some sort of attachment that is needed to go on the threaded top part of the coupler, too?
I'll bet you a set of QD's that the OP won the set of 3 couplers he was bidding on, and paid less than $10 each even after shipping (winning bid was $15.75 +$10 shiiping). Yes, he will still need a beer nut and tailpiece for each one. They cost $1 each, so that's another $6. So he's likely got 3 working kegs for under $55. Still think he would have been better off buying standard cornies?

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 07-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #24
tre9er
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanMoore View Post
I'll bet you a set of QD's that the OP won the set of 3 couplers he was bidding on, and paid less than $10 each even after shipping (winning bid was $15.75 +$10 shiiping). Yes, he will still need a beer nut and tailpiece for each one. They cost $1 each, so that's another $6. So he's likely got 3 working kegs for under $55. Still think he's better off buying standard cornies?
Edit: redacted

Quote:

Old 07-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #25
OatmealSnout
Recipes 

Yep, I won those for $15.75 plus $10 shipping. That's three couplers for about $8.50 each. I will need the tailpieces and beer nuts for them. I have a few old sanke taps, so I'm hoping that the standard tailpieces and beer nuts will fit. They shipped yesterday; I can't frigging wait for them get here and check them out.

Problem is that I have everything bottled right now, and don't have anything in the primary, so I won't have anything to keg for a while. I need to get a batch brewed before I leave on vacation next week. I live in TX and it's hot as hell here right now and will be turning the AC way up when we leave. Can anyone suggest a good Saison recipe that I can get brewed before I leave and let it ferment at around 85 degrees?

Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #26
tre9er
Recipes 

Nice job getting 3 kegs for a steal. Sorry I doubted it!

Quote:

Old 08-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #27
ekjohns
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just picked up 2 of these with couplers for $20 each. Now I need to figure out what to do with them. I already have some ball locks but I hear the HS kegs are awesome to take to micro breweries to fill since it can be hooked up the same a standard sankey

Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 AM   #28
BeerHeaven
Recipes 

Default Hoff-Stevens Keg Coupler - Twin Probe

I have one of these Hoff-Stevens Keg Couplers and would like to sell it or trade it for kegging parts. PM me if you are interested

Quick Reply