What kind of keg posts are these?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeTheHopDog

Reaction score
Can you tell me what post these are? The kegs both have The Cornelius Co. stamped on them, but from everything I’ve seen at the online stores, the posts don’t look like Cornelius post, they look like Firestone posts, and two of them are the star type, not hex nuts. The poppet’s look like Cornelius, though.

Here’s a picture of the hex nut post and poppet. Thanks.

Keg_Post1.JPG

That really does look like a firestone post.
One way to tell is if the post has 19/32-18 threads on both posts its cornelius.
If its 9/19-18 on the gas and 5/8-18 on the out its firestone.

The poppet looks like a cornelius.

Kmack747,
I can't take the other side (Star) off right now without destroying it because I don't have anything that will fit it, short of vice-grips.

BTW, grew up just south of you in Mt. Clemens, MI. Sure miss Michigan, except for driving in the snow...

About a 1/4 inch below the o-ring there's a flange. A wide flange is for beer (out) and the small flange is for gas (in). The gas (in) posts also have either a star configuration (12 point for a wrench) or slits cut into them.

Yes, I understand the In and Out (Did I just post that?) Even the top of the Keg says In/Out. I need to know what type of posts to buy, Cornelius or Firestone. Take a look at the picture, it looks like someone mixed Firestone posts with Corney poppets.

Latest posts

Back