Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > What does word bar mean on my CO2 Regulator?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
MatthewDLW3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default What does word bar mean on my CO2 Regulator?

Just wondering what the word Bar means on my Co2 Regulator. My regulator has PSI on the outer ring and Bar on the inner ring. I am using carbing stone right now which I probably won't be using in the future but was wondering if the word bar had anything to do with it? Just doesn't seen to be working like they say but I don't want to hurt anything by turning the pressure up with that stone attached, the instructions just said to turn it to just a couple PSI but the lowest my reg. reads is about 4-5 psi, and that doesn't seem to do anything anyways. I am new to kegging son any advice would be great.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
GNBrews
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Bar is just another unit for describing pressure. 1Bar = ~14.5PSI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_(unit)

Old 08-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNBrews View Post
Bar is just another unit for describing pressure. 1Bar = ~14.5PSI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_(unit)
Roughly one atmosphere. 100kPa.

MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
dinnerstick
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 239 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 22

bar is the metric (SI) unit for alcoholic drink serving establishments. 1 bar = 0.799 pub

Old 08-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3238 Times on 3139 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDLW3 View Post
Just wondering what the word Bar means on my Co2 Regulator. My regulator has PSI on the outer ring and Bar on the inner ring. I am using carbing stone right now which I probably won't be using in the future but was wondering if the word bar had anything to do with it? Just doesn't seen to be working like they say but I don't want to hurt anything by turning the pressure up with that stone attached, the instructions just said to turn it to just a couple PSI but the lowest my reg. reads is about 4-5 psi, and that doesn't seem to do anything anyways. I am new to kegging son any advice would be great.
It won't hurt anything to start it out at 4-5psi, and in fact 4 psi is a pretty common starting point when carbing with a stone. Just turn it up until the gauge registers the pressure, and then increase by 1-2 psi every hour until it's at the serving pressure. Just out of curiosity, why won't you be using the stone in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinnerstick View Post
bar is the metric (SI) unit for alcoholic drink serving establishments. 1 bar = 0.799 pub
Ha! Good stuff.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Quick Reply