The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > We no need no stinking beer gun...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #801
mirogster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

@HbgBill Well, I had the same problem. BUT I've found the right one. I believe that Canadian Fermtech is making both. So you'd find the one with slighty smaller diameter.

Last edited by mirogster; 06-04-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #802
mirogster
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

@Tall_Yotie All that because foam is like 100% of CO2, and that's precisely what we want - no air inside. You can fill normally, sure but quality in quality out - right? If you gonna drink those bottles quickly, and stored cold - no problem.
You prob. builded up too big pressure, you'd fill sloooowlllyyy And burp 3-4 times OR use some needle I know it's a helluwa pita process.

Last edited by mirogster; 06-04-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #803
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I made one of these last night with a piece of racking cane and a baby bottle nipple (had some laying around from making gaskets for MLT bulkheads). I put the racking cane thru the nipple as it was upside down, pushed to bottom of bottle, then inverted nipple downwards and held pressure on cane and nipple with one hand while working the tap with the other. Filled two bottles with minimal foam.

Didn't have stopper handy and wanted to try something. Definitely less air-tight than stopper but I got the hang of it after a while. Gas on 1psi and keg bled completely prior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 06-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #804
mirogster
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Rotfl I love that combination of terms: night + nipple

Old 06-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #805
DustjunkieScott
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been doing this when taking beer to friends houses at the last minute. It works great with a growler too. My beer bottles are Tecate bottles from Baja and are 44oz's. I've kept them 4-5 months without issues.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #806
Bisco_Ben
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 50

In advance, SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN ASKED but I am in no way searching this whole thread for the answer to my question. How do you guys rinse out/sanitize this design before use? Is it necessary to have an extra keg that I can fill with starsan solution to rinse out my bottle filler before use? Just finding the concept of bottling say a stout with this once then trying to bottle some ipa the following day or what have you, and being left with a contraption filled with stale stout and/or any nasty bacteria i dont want in my bottles.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #807
tre9er
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisco_Ben View Post
In advance, SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN ASKED but I am in no way searching this whole thread for the answer to my question. How do you guys rinse out/sanitize this design before use? Is it necessary to have an extra keg that I can fill with starsan solution to rinse out my bottle filler before use? Just finding the concept of bottling say a stout with this once then trying to bottle some ipa the following day or what have you, and being left with a contraption filled with stale stout and/or any nasty bacteria i dont want in my bottles.
You would just soak in oxyclean or PBW like anything else and then rinse and sanitize. Don't make it too complicated. It's just a tube and a stopper. Individually how would you clean them?

Quote:
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #808
Bisco_Ben
Recipes 

Well there is no specific instructions on how to attach the thing to the faucet/keg so I am a bit confused. I was planning on buying a liquid out adapter attached to 5 ft of line attached to the picnic valve with the wand sticking out of it. With this, I would have to disconnect the line from the adapter every time I wanted to clean it which sounds like a pain to me, unless there is a better and easier method of doing this? then please specify...

Old 06-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #809
tre9er
Recipes 

The racking cane just gets shoved into the picnic tap for the bottling process. Afterwards you pull it out. Then u can clean it and go on with life as though your kegging sysem never changed.

Quote:

Old 06-16-2012, 02:42 AM   #810
Bisco_Ben
Recipes 

Well the thing is that i now have a kegerator and use perlick faucets. So hooking up a picnic valve means detaching my liquid lines going into the perlicks and attaching my beer gun device. I guess since my setup is different i will have to adjust accordingly

Quick Reply