Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > water on tap

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
JesseRC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirscp View Post
You are only going to get a little bit of cold water though, as you will be addign warmer water to the keg. I see what you are trying to do, but if you don't want carbonated water, why waste all the room. Get a gallon jug and fill it with water, you're done. Maybe a few ice cubes.

The hookup you are looking at is asking for problems. If there isn't enough pressure from the city system to keep the keg sealed, the water will leak out, leaving you with one heck of a mess.

If it was me, I'd get a coil of soft copper and put it inside. The city water will get cold running through the coils, unless you want a larger supply, but your keg idea won't keep large amounts of water cold either. I'd go with copper coil, as less change of leaks.
I dont think he'll have an issue with City water pressure, most are 45psi and up. He'd probably want a check valve in there. I also dont think that drawing 1 gallon of cold water, filling it back up with water from the main, is going to warm it up all that much. He'll be drawing from the bottom and filling from top. As for why, well cus it'd be cool having a tap dedicated to water vs having a jug of water.

Onr suggestion might be to put a timer on the faucet supply. You can get them at walmart, they have schedules to turn on twice a day for a few minutes. THat way if a leak does occur, well its not a huge leak. And it wont be warming you water as you draw it.

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply