Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Warm before Bottling?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
o14Getz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Warm before Bottling?

I have a very late Ocktoberfest about to be bottled. It has cold conditioned at ~34 F for about 8 weeks. I am going to bottle it soon as I haven't bought my corny rebuild kits and other kegging equipment. Do I need to let the Secondary warm back up to fermenting temperatures before I add the sugar and bottle? And what if it starts fermenting again if I do. (I have a batch I took out to warm up and it started bubbling a fair amount again.)

The yeast I'm using is...

Batch #1 & #2
Wyeast #3725 Biere De Garde - Private Collection July-Sept. Optimum temperature: 70-95° F

Batch #3 & #4 (Winter Ale)
1728 Scottish Ale Yeast

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
BarleyWater
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It doesn't need to warm up first, just bottle like normal and put the bottles aside for a few weeks. It's going to start to bubble as it warms up, becasuse there is a fair amount of CO2 in suspension at lower temps, and as it warm, a lot of it comes out of suspension, making the airlock bubble.

Fermenting: Nada
On Tap:Cran Wit, Dr Pepper Dubbel, Cascadian Pale Ale, Dark Chocolate Stout, Imperial Stout, Brown Mild, Schwarzbier
On Board: IIPA

www.franconiabrewing.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply