truckmann
Mann Cave Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Ventmatic faucets

I am looking for parts to get my keg fridge built and I found these on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ventmatic-Shirro...QQcmdZViewItem

I was just wondering what you guys think?

I could get the Perlicks for about $24 each and I'm sure they would be great, but from everything I have read the Ventmatics are made a little better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
PsicloneRN

Recipes 

I bought some from this same vendor. He's a good guy and its a quality product worth the 4 dollars extra.

Planning- Centennial Blonde, SNPA clone
Primary- AG Bavarian Hefeweizen, AG Haus Pale Ale
Secondary- Blueberry Mead
Bottled- Dry. Dear lord no!
On Tap- Robust Porter, Old Ale

Old 08-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Same here; just bought some from him for my chest freezer/kegerator project. These are top-notch, which is why I go them. And they were $10 less thatn retail.

There is more discussion about them here.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
Brewer3401

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I think you also need shanks, nuts, and other things. I got mine made up from NB on a 2 pull tower, so I don't know all the "nuts and bolts" of what makes up a tower.

Fermenter: -0-
Brite tank: -0-
Kegged: Blonde ale

Old 08-31-2007, 12:44 AM   #5
truckmann
Mann Cave Brewer

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks for your input guys. I ordered 2 of them for my project. Still a few other parts to round up like a tower and shanks, but I will get them eventually.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:14 AM   #6
blefferd
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

who cares they are all the same!!! i use shirrons never seen a perlick, but from all the hype ive read its all in a name i would bet you 5 case's of beer you couldnt tell the differnce between the pour on a ventmatic vs. perlick faucets.

i could only notice a slight diff between my shirron and my general faucet that came with the tower, pay attention to what your local bars use, i beleve last time i was at a bar i read on the side of the quad tower PERLICK with some genearic faucets (it was a budwiser bar/ aka brewhouse) 5 on one tower and 5 on the other at the other end of the bar.

I personelly went with shirron because they look nicer, not because they pour better or are made any better, but for straight up looks, i make decent money so i figured since i could afford it why not, if you can only afford perlicks or some genearic taps then go for it, who cares, all a tap does is delever your beer to your glass. it has no affect on the taste, color or head, so i dont see the big diff in the two major forward sealing faucet manufactures right now.

sorry to vent, ive seen this issue argued a few times on this board,perlick vs shirron... blah blah blah, go with what you can affoard and like not what some stranger on the internet reccomends!!

Beer and Kalashnikov since 2007

Last edited by blefferd; 08-31-2007 at 05:17 AM.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #7
JnJ
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

This is the first real comparison I saw and I believe it is a pretty honest comparison.

http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?s...&mode=threaded

Töpperwein Brewery

Old 08-31-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
buckrogers71
Recipes 

I am going betweent the 2 for my tower. Is it safe to say that with the Ventmatic that your tap handles dont stay "straight" but rather turn when pouring?

Old 08-31-2007, 12:37 PM   #9
truckmann
Mann Cave Brewer

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefferd
who cares they are all the same!!! i use shirrons never seen a perlick, but from all the hype ive read its all in a name i would bet you 5 case's of beer you couldnt tell the differnce between the pour on a ventmatic vs. perlick faucets.

i could only notice a slight diff between my shirron and my general faucet that came with the tower, pay attention to what your local bars use, i beleve last time i was at a bar i read on the side of the quad tower PERLICK with some genearic faucets (it was a budwiser bar/ aka brewhouse) 5 on one tower and 5 on the other at the other end of the bar.

I personelly went with shirron because they look nicer, not because they pour better or are made any better, but for straight up looks, i make decent money so i figured since i could afford it why not, if you can only afford perlicks or some genearic taps then go for it, who cares, all a tap does is delever your beer to your glass. it has no affect on the taste, color or head, so i dont see the big diff in the two major forward sealing faucet manufactures right now.

sorry to vent, ive seen this issue argued a few times on this board,perlick vs shirron... blah blah blah, go with what you can affoard and like not what some stranger on the internet reccomends!!
Man calm down a bit. There is no argument here I'm sure they are both great faucets. I just got what I percieve to be the slightly better one for whatever reason that may be and I wanted some opinions on the seller and the price is all. Besides the price difference between the two is really peanuts in the grand scheme of things anyway.
Just relax and have a beer.

Last edited by truckmann; 08-31-2007 at 12:42 PM.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
JnJ
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckrogers71
I am going betweent the 2 for my tower. Is it safe to say that with the Ventmatic that your tap handles dont stay "straight" but rather turn when pouring?
Huh? Why would the tap handle turn? Mine stays straight.......

Töpperwein Brewery

Quick Reply