Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Using Lindemans bottles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
cj8scrambler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Using Lindemans bottles

Has any managed to reuse Lindemans lambic bottles for homebrew bottling? They look like great bottles. They seem to be about as thick as champagne bottles, but in a 12 ounce size. They come from the store sealed with a cork and then a crown cap is placed on top. I presume the cap is only there to keep the cork from popping out. However the corks look much smaller than any wine cork I've seen, and the cap is much larger than a normal one. I'm not sure where to find either one for these bottles.

I'm finishing up my first lambic brew and in my 'research' I've collected about a dozen of these bottles. I'd like to cork them, and then I figure I could use a champagne wire cage to hold the corks in. But if there is a resource for the oversized crowns, I might give that a try as well.

I can post a picture if no one has any idea what I'm talking about.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I've been saving a bunch of them as well, in hopes of using them for wine. I wasn't aware that the cork was smaller....hmmmmmm........

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply