Like most things in life...there are trade offs...
1. usually frost free therefore does not collect moisture like a chest freezer. Downside of this is it is less efficient to run and uses more power.
2. bonus room in the freezer to store hops, store and/or make ice for chilling purposes.
3. Taps can be drilled out the door, no need for a collar or tower.
4. no need for a temp controller...$50 - $100 approx.
1. Use less power, more well insulated, BUT will condensate moisture in humid weather and grow funk inside.
2. Usually more efficient use of space and can fit more kegs.
3. Allows use of a tower or collar.
4. Can sometimes modify the existing thermostat to run at beer erving temps, otherwise a controller is needed.
Botton line IMO...hunt Craigslist and see what kind of beauty you can find for free / cheap. Seems like fridges and freezers can be a crapshoot, a free used one might last 20 minutes or 20 years, also some reports of new freezers only lasting a couple years.