Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Tubing for kegs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 02:09 PM   #1
jhudson
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Tubing for kegs

Hey everyone. I'm putting together a keg system and I have a question as far as tubing goes. I have ball-lock kegs and I was looking at the quick disconnects for the gas in beer out lines that are screw ons. I'm looking at the 1/4" flare fitting, but how do I determine what size of tubing I need. The web site is suggesting 3/16" tubing but that seems small. 3/16" tubing will be perfect for my beer dispensing needs, but I want to make sure that the piece parts I get are going to fit. Any suggestions?

Here is the link for the items I want to get.
http://www.morebeer.com/product.html?product_id=18269

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2005, 03:19 PM   #2
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhudson
Hey everyone. I'm putting together a keg system and I have a question as far as tubing goes. I have ball-lock kegs and I was looking at the quick disconnects for the gas in beer out lines that are screw ons. I'm looking at the 1/4" flare fitting, but how do I determine what size of tubing I need. The web site is suggesting 3/16" tubing but that seems small. 3/16" tubing will be perfect for my beer dispensing needs, but I want to make sure that the piece parts I get are going to fit. Any suggestions?

Here is the link for the items I want to get.
http://www.morebeer.com/product.html?product_id=18269

3/16 for the beer line, 1/4 for the gas line. To get the 3/16 hose to fit the bigger connection, dip the tip of the hose in boiling water and work it around it. Don't forget to clamp, especially the gas lines!!!
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply