Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Transfering Bottled Beer to a Keg

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
POAS
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Transfering Bottled Beer to a Keg

OK, so I over-carbonated a whole batch of Bock (used about 8 oz of corn sugar for a 5 gal batch). Ended up with gushers. Luckily, I had bottled them into Grolsh bottles, so I "burped" them several times to release the pressure and bring the carbonation down. Unfortunately, I overdid that and now the beer is almost flat.

So now I am considering pouring all of the beers into a keg and force carbonating it. My concern is now oxidation. If I just simply pour the beer from the bottles into the keg, I'm scared that I'll get too much oxygen in the beer. If I siphon the beer from the bottles into the keg, I'm afraid that it will take forever and I'll probably just won't do it.

The other option is to pour some more sugar into each bottle and wait for carbonation again.

Any suggestions as to what to do to save this batch? The beer tastes fine, I've just totally botched the carbonation.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
29thfloor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Carbonation drops/tabs would probably be easier than trying to move the beer to a keg.

http://morebeer.com/view_product/154...bonation_Drops

Secondary:
Kegged: Nothing :(
Bottled: Blonde Lambic (Aug 2012), Berliner Weisse, Oaked Tripel Brett, Dawson's Kriek, Sweet Mead

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply