Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Transfer from keg to soda bottle?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
zplug123
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Transfer from keg to soda bottle?

I've got a corny keg full of Rye Pale Ale, primed with corn sugar last Thursday. This week I want to show it off to my local microbrewery but I'm sure they won't need a full keg of it so I want to put it inside a clean and sanitized soda bottle.

How should I go about transferring a liter of sugar primed beer into a soda bottle?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
wilserbrewer
BIAB Expert Tailor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 500 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 9

That is a tough one...the beer has already probably started to condition, now you want to move it to a single bottle, which will lose carbonation, and possibly aerate the beer.

OK, I'll take a stand...cant be done, at least not now, maybe when its carbed???

Sure you could just tap off a sample for them to taste, but not sure you can "show it off" as you say, as the beer will be less than optimal IMO...unless you feel lucky.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 128 Posts

If it isn't carbonated, just fill the bottle with a party tap. If it's carbonated, you'll need to chill the keg as close to freezing as you can get it first. Placing a short hose over the end of the tap so you can fill from the bottom of the bottle will reduce foaming.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Quick Reply