Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Tower disassembly help/advice?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
dave73ok
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Tower disassembly help/advice?

I recently ordered a two-tap tower with Perlicks. It arrived yesterday, so I got to work getting ready to get the kegerator in order. I soon noticed that I wasn't able to screw on one of the taps to the coupler. Soon I realized it was because the coupler was bent! I assume it came this way from the factory, since there was no damage to the box or chrome.
Anyway, I have an extra coupler on my other tap set that I can use, but I cannot get the shank in the tower apart! I have already emailed the vendor I got it from (no reply so far.....bummer), but in case they flake on me, I'd like to have some advice on where to go from here. Has anyone taken one of these apart? I don't have a 1" wrench, and my adjustable doesn't have enough clearance in there to turn. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2009, 02:27 AM   #2
red82mtu
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I'd try to use a pair of needle nose pliers to get a hold of the shank nut and turn the faucet and shank with your hand. It may not be ideal but it does work as long as you don't need to crank it to loosen it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply