Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Thinking about kegging.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
ahaley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Default Thinking about kegging.

I just started looking into it and know nothing yet, what are some great experiences and bad experiences you've had of kegging? So far I know I need a keg, ( duh! ) a co2 canister to force carb it, lines, regulator, gauges ect. But what I don't know yet is if there are any hidden things I need. Or even how to keg.. Time to YouTube! I've seen 1 video that seemed pretty easy but I still have beginner questions I need to find answers for.

South Paw all day, every day.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
willness33
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Kegging is easy. I've never had a bad experience with it. All you need to start off with is a keg, co2 bottle, regulator with gauges, gas line with proper connectors for the keg you choose, and a picnic tap. That will get you into kegging.

As for the process, rack your beer from the bucket or carboy into the clean and sanitized keg. Put the clean and sanitized lid on. Throw the keg into the fridge with it hooke up to the gas. Turn on the gas to 30. Burp the valve to displace any O2. Let the keg sit there for 36 hours at that pressure. After 36 hours, reduce the gas to 8-12psi and serve.

It took almost as long to type that as it really is to do it. Easy peasy.

Primary: Octoberfest
Secondary: German Pils
Kegged and serving: Hoptimus Prime IIPA
Willamette Golden Ale
Paulaner Hefe Clone
420(ish)Pale Ale Almostaclone

Old 11-01-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
ahaley
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willness33
Kegging is easy. I've never had a bad experience with it. All you need to start off with is a keg, co2 bottle, regulator with gauges, gas line with proper connectors for the keg you choose, and a picnic tap. That will get you into kegging.

As for the process, rack your beer from the bucket or carboy into the clean and sanitized keg. Put the clean and sanitized lid on. Throw the keg into the fridge with it hooke up to the gas. Turn on the gas to 30. Burp the valve to displace any O2. Let the keg sit there for 36 hours at that pressure. After 36 hours, reduce the gas to 8-12psi and serve.

It took almost as long to type that as it really is to do it. Easy peasy.
Do i need another fridge or can I make due with something else? I knew something was to easy lol. Maybe ill keg when I get my own place. Wife and I live with her folks while we wait for my duty station for the army.

South Paw all day, every day.

Quick Reply