Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Tapped Keg, beer is flat???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
bellinmi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Tapped Keg, beer is flat???

I have a problem, I have two batches in their kegs now over 3 weeks, I tapped them last night and both are flat. I have heard of forced carbonation techniques but am a little fogging on the process?

Does anyone have any ideas how i can get these two batches nice and carbonated by the weekend?

Thanks,
Mike

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

Just put CO2 on them at about 30 psi for 48 hours. The colder the better. Before serving, remove the CO2 line, vent the kegs via the pressure relief and reconnect the CO2 at about 5 psi.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 01-30-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
bikebryan
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42
Just put CO2 on them at about 30 psi for 48 hours. The colder the better. Before serving, remove the CO2 line, vent the kegs via the pressure relief and reconnect the CO2 at about 5 psi.
Or, better yet (IMHO),

Hook them up to the CO2 bottle, then consult the carbonation charts for the # of volumes of CO2 you want, and the temperature your beer is at. The chart will tell you what PSI to set to achieve the carbonation level you desire. Set your regulator at that, and then be patient for about a week. No worries about overcarbonation.

Quick Reply