Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Tap-A-Draft Won't Pour

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Corman2005
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Tap-A-Draft Won't Pour

Hi all,

I have a tap-a-draft system and have been using it for over a year. Today, i tapped an ipa and the keg has plenty of pressure, but will not pour. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Corman

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
stlbeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 88

This sounds like the same problem I've experienced with my Coors Light home draft kit. The part of the dispensing tube that goes through the handle is silicon. After a while of not being used and the faucet being closed, the tube will stick to itself. Given time it will open. I've also run some warm water from the outlet to help loosen it up.

With your situation I think I'd open it with the outlet over a glass in the sink.

I have since learned to store the faucet open with a baggie sealed over it to keep it clean.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
Corman2005
Recipes 

Thanks for the advice. When i am not using the tap, i usually pull the tube apart from the tap itself. I would take the faucet off the keg to make sure it isn't blocked, but i am waiting on my co2 cartridges in the mail, so this may need to wait a couple days

Quick Reply