Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Tap a draft system

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
BrokenKnucklesBrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default Tap a draft system

I've had my tap a draft system for about 4 months now but have only used it once. I'm not sure if I did something wrong the time i used it but the beer just didn't seem carbonated enough so I just went back to bottling. I followed the instructions as far as the amount of priming sugar and everything. I'm ready to get my American cream ale out of the secondary tomorrow and I'm wanting to give the tap a draft system a second chance. How much priming sugar should I use?? Also, is there a trick to attaching the CO2/tap handle? Every time I would put it on the mini keg, tons of the pressure would release and I would lose about a pint of beer.

ON DECK: Cascadian Dark, Winter Warmer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
turbodog
Recipes 

Maybe someone has a better experience than me with them, but you have to put the bottles on their side and I have trouble with them leaking when they build up pressure. That's only with the caps. No problems leaking when the tap is installed.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
twgardner2
Recipes 

I just use my usual amount of priming sugar (4 oz Corn Sugar/5 gal Beer) and I've had nothing but good results from my Tap-a-Draft. It usually takes me two cartridges to fully dispense one bottle.

Bottled: E.J. Phair's Rye Beer, Plinian Eruption IPA (Pliny clone), Pizza Port Shark Bite Red Ale, Plinian Eruption II IPA, Raspberry Cider, Spiced Cider, Vanilla Stout, Blackberry Cider, Peach Cider, Fuggles IPA
Past Brews: Ferocious IPA, Belgian Witbier, Pyramid ESB, American Cream Ale, Cascade Pale Ale, Graham's Cider, Cherry Cider, Man's Best Friend Wheat
Next Brews: Don't know

2011 Gallons: 39
2012 Gallons: 34

Quick Reply