Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Tap a Draft Force Carbonation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
mattdnyc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Tap a Draft Force Carbonation

Hi all. As I'm sitting here waiting patiently for the FedEx truck to deliver my Tap a Draft, I have a question about force carbonating the bottles.

I have a 5g batch of saison that is waiting to be bottled. I'm going to bulk prime as usual (~3/4 cup corn sugar), and then transfer into two TaD bottles and glass for the rest. My question is, after filling the TaD bottles, can I chill one and hook up a co2 canister to start force carbonating? Or does priming the bottle negate that option? I know, RDWHAHB and wait it out, but I have a friend visiting from out of town next week and I'd love for her to be able to try this batch out.

I searched the other threads on TaD but didn't get a sense of an answer one way or another, so apologize if this has already been covered. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

No, but you might want to fill one of the TaDs first and force it. If you prime and chill, the priming sugar will make the beer a little sweeter.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 05-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
jkarp
Beer Herder
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Leave the priming sugar out of the bottle you want to force carb. Get it as cold as possible and start feeding the TaD cartridges at least 4-5 days prior to drinking.

Quick Reply